If you’re in business, you need a way to accept payments from your customers, right? From accepting credit cards to accepting checks, business merchant services allow you to process the transactions that are vital to your business.
Whether you are just starting a business, or have an established business but are either looking for better merchant services, or just always have your eye out for options, there are several things you should consider when choosing a provider.
- Rates & Fees. There are usually varying rates and fees for different transactions that include internet merchant account rates, retail processing rates, mail and telephone orders, wireless merchant account rates, and check processing rates. Be sure you know what each of these rates are and ensure they’re reasonable and competitive.
- Payment processing options. Obviously you need to be able to accept checks and accept credit cards but be sure that not only does your provider offer the basic options but also options like mobile credit card processing. Mobile processing is growing leaps and bounds and you don’t want to miss out on this piece of the pie! Whether you’re a retail store or a contractor always on the go, you can’t afford to miss out on this easy option to accept payments from wherever you are.
- Customer service. Customer service rules, no matter the business. It’s important to have a merchant service provider that provides excellent customer service and can always answer your questions quickly and effectively as well as be able to quickly assist you with any problems in a friendly manner (no one likes rude customer service and you certainly shouldn’t have to pay for someone to treat you less than valuable).
- Education. Basic customer service aside, the best merchant service provider will also be one that truly wants to partner with you and educate you, not just set you up and run.
- Experienced. There is no teacher better than experience. Look for a provider that has a long track record. In this very sensitive business, you should look for someone who has been in the business for at least 20 years.
- Fast. Who has time to wait when you’re trying to make money?
- Fraud protection. Your provider should have the best fraud protection services in place to help protect you.
AVP Solutions meets every single one of these important factors and we can even help with a high risk merchant account. You won’t find a better team to work with and we can have you up and running in as little as 24 hours. Right from the start, we look at our relationship with you as a partnership. We will teach you everything you need to know, including how to make money through credit card processing. Contact us today and find out how we can help your business with superior business merchant services.